DIE DEUTSCHE ÜBERSETZUNG WIRD IN KÜRZE FOLGEN
With this tour, you go on a beautiful route to Borgafjörõur and Borgarnes, where you will have a short stop.
Just after entering Snæfellsnes peninsula, you will get a chance to spot the wildlife that inhabit the beach. After that, you will visit the idyllic Arnarstapi village, where you will take a stroll to view the unusual landscape along the shoreline, before you continue the trip the Hellnar. In Hellnar you will have a short break for lunch, before continuing to the Vatnshellir lava tube cave, located in the Snæfellsjökull National Park.
While exploring Vatnshellir, you will see a variety of stalacites, stalagmits and unique lava formations. After the lava tunnel, the tour continues to Djúpalónssandur, a silent and black-pebbled beach, offering magnificent views over the sea. The trip continues past landscapes to the north coast of Snæfellsnes peninsula to a small fishing village, called Grundarfjordur.
Out of the Grundarfjörður route, big lava fields can be found. The Berserkjahraun is known, because of Viking legend, telling that two Swedish “Berseks” copied Iceland’s first road.
- Available: All year around
- Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays until June
- Daily from June to August
- Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays from September to December
- Departure: 08:00 hrs from your hotel
- Duration: 11 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 173,- per person
- Child conditions: Children aged 9-11 years old, are free of charge. Children aged under 3 years are not allowed on this tour
- Included: pick-up and drop-off, travel guides, caving tour and round-trip transportation
Please note: A minimum of 2 participants is required to operate the tour. If traveling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.